Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Tangerine
Botanical name: Citrus Reticulata
Botanical family: Rutaceae
Part of plant used: Peel
Origin: China, USA and Italy.
Description: Sweet and tangy
History: Tangerine is very similar to Mandarin but is slightly more subtle. It was introduced into the USA from China.
Properties and Indications:
- Excellent for the digestive system
- Helps with flatulence, diarrhea and constipation
- Tonic for the vascular system
- could help with tired and aching limbs
- Great to use for pregnancy massage as it can help reduce stretch marks and it contains vitamin C.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun after using tangerine as it is photosensitive
- Bergamot, Chamomile, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Hyssop, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Orange, Rose, Tagetes
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils