Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Rosewood
Botanical name: Aniba Rosaeodora
Botanical family: Lauraceae
Part of plant used: Wood
Origin: The Rosewood tree is found in the rainforests of Brazil. The trees are not, however, cut down for the oil but for the wood! The wood of the tree is reddish in color.
Description: Woody, floral fragrance.
History: Rosewood is a fairly new addition to the world of Aromatherapy. Also known as Bois de Rose.
Properties and Indications:
- Great antiseptic
- Effective for the throat
- Soothing for dry, allergic, flaky and rashy skins
- Helps to boost the immune system
- Sexual restorative
- Can help people who are afraid of being intimate and are restrained sexually and emotionally
- Could be useful for difficulties in falling pregnant
- Can help people who have been sexually abused, raped, battered, or grown up in a sterile environment
- Aniseed, Anise-Star, Cardamom, Caraway, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Coriander, Elemi, Frankincense, Geranium, Myrtle, Neroli, Nutmeg, Palmarosa, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetivert, Ylang Ylang
- For dry skins mix with Chamomile in calendula cream or avocado oil
- To treat ringworm blend with Tea Tree or Thyme
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils