Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Patchouli
Botanical name: Pogostemon Patchouli
Botanical family: Labiatae
Part of plant used: Ariel parts
Origin: Patchouli is produced in India, Malaysia, and Paraguay.
Description: Spicy, exotic aroma with earthy undertones.
History: Patchouli has a long history of medicinal use in Malaysia, China, India, and Japan. A well known ingredient in perfumes and incense in the 1960's 'Hippy' era.
Properties and Indications:
- Good for dermatitis, eczema, and dry skin conditions
- Can help with weight reduction
- Diuretic - helpful for water retention and cellulite
- Said to relieve effects of snake and insect bites
- Gives a surrounding feeling
- Takes you deep within yourself and makes you feel protected
- Can bring back nostalgic feelings
- Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Ginger, Lavender, Lemongrass, Myrrh, Neroli, Nutmeg, Pine, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetivert
- Gives body to a blend and can smell completely different if left for a while
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils