Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Nutmeg
Botanical name: Myristica fragrans
Botanical family: Myristicaceae
Part of plant used: Tree and fruit
Origin: West Indies, Sri Lanka, Java and Penang.
Description: Spicy with a musky aroma.
History: Nutmeg was used for embalming in Egyptian times.
It has been used in dental products, for flavoring foods
and in many perfumes and hair products.
Properties and Indications:
- Excellent for the digestive system and can help to encourage the appetite
- Useful for bad breath, wind, nausea, diarrhea and constipation
- Intestinal antiseptic
- Reproductive system tonic
- Can regulate menstruation
- Can help ease muscular aches and pains
- Stimulates the circulation
- Avoid in pregnancy
- A very strong oil so use sparingly
- Black Pepper, Cajuput, Cinnamon, Clove, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Lemon, Lime, Melissa, Orange, Patchouli, Rosewood, Tea Tree
Back to Aromatherapy Oils