Search Essential Oil Recipes
Making your own lip balm is a much more natural way to treat your lips than buying shop-bought products that are often full of petrochemicals.
This pure, natural lip balm recipe uses healing honey along with beeswax and cocoa butter, all are which are excellent ingredients to help with dry and cracked lips.
- 3 teaspoons beeswax (grated)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 drops Geranium essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- Add the beeswax, honey, cocoa butter and avocado oil to a glass pyrex jug. Sit this jug in a fry pan of simmering water and melt ingredients together.
- Once they have all melted together remove from the heat and gently stir.
- Once the mixture starts to cool, stir in the essential oils.
- Pour into small sterilized glass jars.
- Cover tightly and label the product, including the date.
- Apply to the lips every evening before going to sleep so the healing can take place overnight.
Back to more Natural skin care recipes