Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Juniper
Botanical name: Juniperus Communis
Botanical family: Coniferae
Part of plant used: Berries
Origin: Central and Southern Europe, Sweden and Canada.
Description: Clear, refreshing and slightly woody.
History: Juniper was known to guard against the plague. It is an ingredient for gin.
Properties and Indications:
- Highly antiseptic
- Urinary system - cystitis, thrush
- Stimulate the excretory functions, including sweating, which allows the body to get rid of urea
- Diuretic - for water retention
- Detoxifies the body
- Thermoregulator - for general circulation such as hot flushes in menopause
- Dries fluid and mucous in the body - for constant respiratory mucous
- Clears the mind, cleansing
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils