Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Jasmine
Botanical name: Jasminum grandiflorum
Botanical family: Jasminaceae
Part of plant used: Flowers
Origin: Iran and Northern India.
Description: Exotic, sweet and flowery.
History: Known as the 'King of the Garden', Jasmine was a well known aphrodisiac therefore used in love potions. Jasmine is one of the most expensive oils as well as one of the most exquisite.
Properties and Indications:
- Excellent in childbirth - it can help speed up delivery, relieve pain, balance the hormones and aid in post-natal depression as well as aid in breast-feeding
- Useful for the reproductive system both in females and males - can help with frigidity and impotence
- Can ease menstrual pain
- Known to help the respiratory system by calming irritating coughs and regulating breathing
- Excellent for skin especially dry and sensitive skins - useful for stretch marks and scarring
- Calming and uplifting, warms the emotions
- Has a sensuous quality, restores joy and beautifies people
- Can bring out the charisma in people
- Bergamot, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Mandarin, Melissa, Neroli, Palmarosa, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Vetivert
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils