Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Grapefruit
Botanical name: Citrus Paradisii
Botanical family: Rutaceae
Part of plant used: Rind
Origin: The majority of Grapefruit essential oil is obtained from the USA however it is also produced in Israel and Brazil.
Description: Refreshing yet not too sharp.
History: The Grapefruit tree was cultivated in Asia, the West Indies and the Mediterranean in the early 18th century. It was brought to the USA at the beginning of the 20th century.
Properties and Indications:
- Good purifier and detoxifier for the body
- Helps blood and cleans the digestive system
- Aids the liver and kidneys by its cleansing properties
- Its diuretic properties can help with water retention and weight loss
- Stimulates the lymph
- Can help with headaches
- Good for mixed skin types
- Uplifting and stimulating to the mind
- Can help with depression
- Do not expose yourself to the sun after using Grapefruit as it can be photosensitive
- Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clove, Frankincense, Jasmine, Lavender, Rose, Spearmint, Vetivert, Ylang Ylang
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils