Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Cardamom
Botanical name: Elettaria cardamomum
Botanical family: Zingiberaceae
Part of plant used: Seeds
Origin: India, Ceylon, China and South America.
Description: Spicy and sweet aroma.
History: Cardamom has long been used as a digestive and carminative and also a popular cooking ingredient.
Properties and Indications:
- Digestive - can stimulate a lack of appetite
- Good for nausea, dyspepsia and bad breath
- Carminative - colic, wind, laxative
- Can ease headaches and PMT symptoms
- Respiratory problems such as coughs and colds
- Cardamom is very warming to the emotions and is great for uplifting and invigorating the mind.
- Do not use if pregnant
- Can be too harsh for sensitive skins
- Anise-Star, Coriander, Elemi, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper, Lemon, Orange, Pine, Rosewood, Verbena
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils